2 x VMMC Nurse Clinician – Kwekwe & Makoni
- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 170
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
With over 20 years of experience, Population Solutions for Health (formerly PSI/Zimbabwe) is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position of VMMC Nurse Clinician – Kwekwe *1, Makoni *1, (Part Time).
Reporting to the Senior Clinical Services Coordinator / Senior Field Services Coordinator, the VMMC Nurse Clinician performs safe male circumcision (both surgical and device), giving adequate counselling, coordinating activities with other team members and stakeholders.
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities
- Conducts aseptic procedure at the operation site, administers local anesthesia and performs the surgical cutting of the foreskin using the specific technique according to WHO standards.
- Uses diathermy or ligation to achieve hemostasis, performs surgical suture on wounds according to surgical standards.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled reviews of circumcised client and administers post-operative analgesia.
- Collects social, medical, family history of client. Conducts vital observations, performs physical examinations of client, and obtains an informed consent and decides if client is eligible for chosen method.
- Conducts screening and treatment of STIs, identifies urological deformities and refer for specialist attention.
- Performs WHO clinical staging on HIV positive clients, integrates clients into the PSH/Z network of services and identifies and refers all other medical conditions to various clinicians.
- Performs standard QC (quality checks) daily, offers pre-test and post-test counselling.
- Performs the HIV test using approved algorithm by MoHCC, issues result in a professional manner and refers and links to care and treatment.
- Ensures safety of clients before, during and after the circumcision procedure and ensures a high level of emergency preparedness is in place at workstations.
- Explains, demonstrates male circumcision procedure in detail, proper condom uses and its benefits.
- Manages all adverse events following the adverse event treatment guidelines and refers for management.
- Educates on wound care and provides information on FP services and VIAC services Encourages a culture of health seeking behavior amongst men.
- Sensitizes the organizations’, the public on the VMMC program and integrated services.
- Plans and implement scheduled VMMC sensitization meetings.
- Conducts outreach activities targeting workplace, schools, churches, vulnerable population places of social gatherings, participates in events with other stakeholders.
- Implements, monitors, and evaluates the impact of each activity
What Are We Looking For?
- Diploma in General Nursing a prerequisite.
- Trained Midwife or Theatre Nurse with at least three years’ experience.
- Qualified and experience in HIV related counselling of at least three years.
- Certified and experienced in HIV rapid testing.
- Highly motivated and dedicated person.
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe with valid practicing certificate.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
- Step 1: Click Here to complete the Application for the position of VMMC Nurse Clinician position.
- Step 2: Send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applications should be shared not later than January 15, 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience.