- Post Date:January 4, 2023
- Views 590
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
An Assistant Accountant supports the Accountant in completing basic bookkeeping, clerical and accounting tasks for a company. Their duties include assisting in preparation of management accounts and company budgets, building and assessing financial reports and managing a business’ payroll processes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of various regulatory returns — DTFMI, DPC and tax returns
- Participate in the budget preparation process.
- Collaborate with Accountant and other team members to successfully execute various accounting tasks.
- Maintain company ledgers and daily financial transactions.
- Create financial documents such as bills, invoices, pay-orders, payables, receivables and purchase orders.
- Identify discrepancies in ledgers and accounts, tracking them to the source and correcting them.
- Manage payroll activities and release salaries.
- Coordinate and manage payment and billing details of external service providers, contractors and vendors.
- Verify payments and deposits made through the company account and coordinate with the bank.
- Create daily reports for management and team members.
- A degree in accounting or related programs
- Progress towards completion of a professional accounting qualification like CA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least a year to two years in an accounting and finance environment.
Send detailed CVs to: email@example.com no later than 6 January 2023