- Post Date:February 25, 2023
- Views 736
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Zimbabwe Platinum Mines (Pvt) Limited (ZIMPLATS) is the largest platinum group metals producer in Zimbabwe. It owns and operates Ngezi Underground Mines, Ngezi Concentrator and the Selous Metallurgical Complex (SMC).
This position will be part of the dynamic team reporting to the Projects Accountant
REFERENCE NUMBER – PRJTS20230202
CLOSING DATE – 26 February 2023
JOB GRADING – C5
TENURE – Twenty-four (24) Months
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Accounting, CIMA, ACCA, CA of equivalent qualification
- Strong and demonstrable experience in variance analysis, reporting and internal control systems.
- An understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of Capital Projects Management and Fixed Assets Register Maintenance Procedures
- Working knowledge of SAP will be a distinct advantage
- Proactive and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A professional with a strong appreciation and proven application of business ethics
- Excellent organizational skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining sound systems of internal control on the project
- Reviewing project spend progressively in lane with the approved project budget.
- Controlling the project budget to ensure the project is completed within the approved budget
- Ensuring project suppliers and contractors are paid on time for certified work
- Preparing periodic project reports and financial forecasts (cost and cash flow)
- Ensuring fixed assets are timely and accurately transferred from capital work-in-progress to the fixed asset register
- Continuously reviewing projects finance-related practices, policies and procedures for improvement.
Written applications from persons meeting the above criteria together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications should be sent by 26 February 2023 to-
The Senior Human Resources Officer — Administration
Zimbabwe Platinum Mines (Private) Limited
P.O. Box 61
Or Email Us – email@example.com
NB: Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to psychometric or other assessments – Zimplats reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not hear from the Human Resources Department within 30 days after the closing date of applications, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful.