Digital Content Writer – HIV and Sexual Health
- Post Date:January 12, 2023
- Views 39
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Based in OPHID’s offices in Harare, this role will support the work of our global digital health communications partner Avert across Southern Africa and will work directly with Avert’s team in the UK and South Africa. Reporting to the Senior Content Editor/Programmes Manager you will be responsible for creating, editing and publishing a range of written and multimedia content, in line with relevant brand/project goals, content strategies, tone of voice and style guidelines. You will work closely with other members of the Programmes team including the Director of Programmes, the Content Editor/Project Managers, the Digital Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Content Assistant as well as external writers, designers and developers.
- Plan, research and develop new content and resources in liaison with the Programmes Team to support health-related behaviour change and the mission, values and marketing of Avert.
- Write, edit and review content for our key audiences including sexual health advice seekers, educators and practitioners, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date at all times, and is in line with Avert’s mission, values and tone of voice guidelines. (Written content might include information pages, news, blogs, social posts, short-form content, scripts etc.)
- Support social media activities and campaigns, including conducting research for new campaigns; creating and curating organic social media content; evaluating paid and organic campaigns; and ongoing monitoring of our social platforms.
- Work closely with external designers and developers to create infographics, audio, video and other multimedia content that enhance the reach of our digital channels, partnerships and brands.
- Support good knowledge sharing and knowledge management across the team and organisation, and actively participate in knowledge sharing processes including Avert’s weekly internal knowledge meetings.
- Support the regular review of project analytics, producing reports and recommendations as requested, and implementing relevant corrective measures to improve user journeys/user experience and maximise our reach and impact.
- Engage in cross organisational projects and activities to support the overall advancement and achievement of Avert’s goal and objectives, including strategy development and quarterly review and replanning.
- Represent Avert at stakeholder meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to external publications as and when required.
- A degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or equivalent
- A relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years’ hands-on experience developing creative digital content for the web, social and mobile apps, including a strong track record of producing substantive written content.
- Understanding of human centred design approaches.
- Experience carrying out information research, with ability to analyse information and summarise key facts.
- A good working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience writing to tone of voice guidelines.
- Experience of using content management systems.
- A keen interest in exploring new ideas in digital communications.
- Good organisation skills
- •Knowledge of HIV, global health, or international development
- •Experience working on behaviour change communications
- •Experience creating content for a health education resource
- Step 1: Click Here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv, application letter and certificates via email to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.
NB: Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio of content previously created, and will go through a content creation technical assessment
Deadline: 1600 hours, 13 January 2023.
Applications from people living with HIV or those who have been affected by HIV are encouraged.