Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Health Risk Research & Utilisation Manager
- Post Date:March 7, 2023
- Views 20
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Group wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified & experienced individuals to fill in the Health Risk Research & Utilisation Manager role that has arisen in our organisation.
Main Job Purpose
To conduct research through data analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results to assist management in making informed decisions on strategies to maintain a healthy membership and to contain costs with good outcomes for members
- Develops the Annual Operating Plan for the Health Risk, Research and Utilization Department.
- Tracks the pre-agreed Strategic Plan and objectives from year to year, analysing strengths, deficiencies and benefits.
- Conducts research on historical and current Managed Care principles, strategies and operations to maintain current best practice.
- Identifies priority areas for research and develops research questions and topics in liaison with all divisions. Designs and implements data collection techniques; and identifies proper software for use in carrying out research and analytics.
- Analyses health outcomes data to identify areas for quality improvement and cost savings.
- Utilizes outcomes measurement and costs reports to benchmark and compare service providers to identify service providers providing cost-effective quality care.
- Develops continuous quality improvement (CQI) programs for structural quality, process quality and clinical quality of care for different conditions.
- Advises on evidence-based benefit design, benefit package appropriateness, adequacy and relevance in line with Universal Healthcare Coverage principles.
- Analyses data to establish the cost savings regarding Managed Care interventions such as negotiations with service providers on tariff awards, quotations and shortfalls and identifying overservicing and unnecessary treatments and procedures.
- Identifies areas for development of artificial intelligence tools for ensuring tracking of preventive/wellness benefit utilization.
- Creates an epidemiological profile for each special scheme and large firm that is updated annually.
- Carries out impact analysis for tariffs for health promotion, lifestyle medicine and preventive interventions that will assist management in making informed decisions.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degrees.
- Master’s degree in Public Health
- Masters in Health Economics Master’s an added advantage.
- 5-8 years’ experience in healthcare with knowledge of public health analytical methods, health systems research and implementation.
- Holder of a valid Practicing Certificate with MDPCZ
- Member of either ZIMA, ZCPHP, CPCPZ or relevant specialist body
- Ability to identify, communicate and ensure implementation of the agreed business objectives for the relevant unit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and able to clearly present complex situations
- Ability to plan and organise medium to long term objectives.
- Sound business acumen, resourceful and be a lateral thinker
If you are interested and you meet the stipulated requirements, please submit your letter of motivation and CV to this email email@example.com no later than Tuesday the 14th of March 2023.
Clearly highlight the position applied for in the email subject.