Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Legal Advisor/ Company Secretary
- Post Date:February 16, 2023
- Views 335
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Insurance
Reporting to: The Chief Executive Officer
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the business mandate through provision of legal services, enhancement of good corporate governance as well as providing secretarial services to he Board and Committees thereby contributing to the attainment of the strategic objectives.
Key Job Functions:
- To provide legal advice to the Chief Executive Officer, Committees as well as to Departmental Heads on best practice in corporate governance and ensure full compliance.
- Provide Secretarial services to the Board and Committee meetings including convening the meetings, preparation of agenda and papers as well as drafting of minutes and extracting resolutions thereafter.
- To attend all Board and Board Committee meetings as well as the AGM to record minutes, highlighting decisions.
- Develop the organisations legal policies and procedures as well as strategy to promote and protect legal matters.
- Provide the Board and its committees with all requisite information and support to ensure that they effectively discharge their duties
- Monitor adherence to set policies, procedures, limits and good practice in terms of legal issues.
- Contribute in the formulation of departmental long and short-term strategy plans in line with the broad company objectives.
- Draft and review legal documents such as leases and contracts.
- Proactively safeguard the Organisation against legal risks
- Manage the process of outsourcing external legal services and give appropriate instructions and adequate briefing to the external legal professionals.
Requirements for the Job:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree
- At least 7 years hands-on legal experience..
- Must have sound knowledge and exposure to Board activities, meeting management and circular preparation.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
Submit your application to: email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Recruitment Consultant: Calistas Bumhira +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or +263 773 280 689
7th Floor, Fidelity Life Tower,