2 x Mining Project Engineer
- Post Date:August 10, 2022
- Views 292
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
Zimasco (Pvt) Limited, a major player in Zimbabwe’s Ferrochrome sector, has some exciting and challenging career opportunities within the Projects Department of its Mining Division.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced persons to fill the positions of MINING PROJECTS ENGINEER x 2 on a 3 year fixed term employment contract basis, renewable subject to performance: –
Reporting to: The Mine Manager – Projects
The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting the Mine Manager — Projects in planning and implementing projects within the Mining Division.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent, from a reputable university
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-Graduate Development experience in an underground, hard rock mining environment of which at least 3 years should have been at Mine Captain level.
- A holder of a Full Blasting Licence.
- A working knowledge of mining software systems.
- Experience in mine planning and design work is an added advantage.
- Mining project management knowledge and experience is essential
- Membership of a recognized engineering professional body
- Working knowledge of safety management systems, with exposure to the NOSA SHE system being an added advantage
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite is a prerequisite
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP is an advantage
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensuring that mining projects within the division are properly planned, budgeted for and implemented within the budgeted costs, time and quality
- Management of projects service providers and contractors within the Mining Division
- Generation of mining Capex budgets
- Mining project cost control
- Development and coaching of subordinates
- Ensuring that all work done within the projects section is done in compliance of applicable legislation as well as company standards, policies and procedures
Applications from persons meeting the above stated requirements together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualifications to be submitted to:
The Manpower Services Manager
Re: ‘Project Mining Engineer’
Zimasco (Private) Limited,
P.O. Box 124,
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 12 August, 2022