2 x Research Assistant - Shurugwi & Zvimba
- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 596
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
With over 20 years of experience, Population Solutions for Health (formerly PSI/Zimbabwe) is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position of Research Assistant – Shurugwi *1, Zvimba *1 (Part Time),
The purpose of this job is to support data collection for the Shang Ring operational research in selected districts and rapidly monitor and evaluate data entered in case report forms daily to maintain quality control standards to preserve the integrity of research and ensure compliance with protocol and overall study objectives.
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities.
- Leads and guides the work of healthy facility-based data collectors.
- Supervises data collectors working on the research project (maintains records on assignment completion).
- Maintains quality control standards to preserve the integrity of data and findings.
- Reviews collected data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
- Travels to facilities in districts to perform quality assurance on data collection processes as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- Ensures storage and maintenance of accurate records of case report forms, interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects.
- Acts as a mediator between the data collector and the operations research specialist and the District Health Executive.
- Engages DHE and community partners in research.
- Manages and responds to project related emails.
- Prepares and submits weekly district field research progress reports to Operations Research Specialist.
- Attends area seminars and other meeting as necessary.
- Develops or assists in the development of interview schedules, contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone,
- Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects and apply sampling procedures per protocol in liaison with the DHE and the District Prevention officers.
- Ensures equipment or supplies required for the research project are always in place at facilities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the project team.
What are we looking for?
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography, or any relevant program.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in field data collection for operations health research or population surveys.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in health research or survey.
- Experience in the use of mobile data collection applications, such as SurveyToGo, is an added advantage.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
- Step 1: Click Here to complete the Application for the position of Research Assistant position.
- Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than January 15, 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience.