4 x Community Health Worker (People with Disability)
- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 739
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience Fresh
- Industry Health Care
With over 20 years of experience, Population Solutions for Health (formerly PSI/Zimbabwe) is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position of
8. Community Health Worker (People with Disability) – Mabvuku*1, Epworth *1, Chitungwiza*1, Harare*1 (Part Time)
Job exists to assist in the design of strategies to improve client experience for people with disability and promote access to integrated products and services to their peers.
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities.
- Mobilises people with disability and assists them to navigate accessing the New Start Centre and other DREAMS services.
- Creates a cohort of people with disability and supports them to access services on a regular basis.
- Maps congregate settings in the community to facilitate SRH and HIV services delivery.
- Supports community-based interventions targeting people with disability (both site, outreach and markets organized events).
- Facilitates one on one and group discussions to improve understanding and uptake of SRH and HIV services.
- Assists in the development of interventions for people with disability across all channels.
- Promotes social media interventions targeting People with disability (Facebook pages, Twitter)
- Assist People with disability clients to navigate the site/outreach as they access integrated services within PSH.
- Provides technical guidance and continuous feedback to improve client experience for People with disability.
- Facilitates and follows through linkage to other services.
- Inputs into the development of strategies, tools and New Start Centre service adaptation to meet the needs of People with disability using user-centered design techniques.
- Provides guidance on innovative ways to engage people with disability.
- Submits weekly highlight reports and monthly detailed reports.
What are we looking for?
- 5 Ordinary Levels.
- Aged between 18-24 years old.
- Passion for working with people with disability.
- Experience working with Disabled Persons Organisations is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
- Step 1: Click Here to complete the Application for the position of Community Health Worker (People with Disability) position.
- Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than January 15, 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience.