55 x Data Enumerators
- Post Date:April 28, 2022
- Views 1352
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Mhondoro Ngezi (10), Chegutu (5), Gokwe South (10), Kwekwe (5), Matobo (5), Chimanimani (10) , Bubi (5) and Chivi (5)
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief; Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America; Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980; Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response;
Welthungerhilfe together with ICRISAT, CTDO and SAT are implementing a project entitled “Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems” which is funded by the European Union under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme”. Part of this project involves creating knowledge products that facilitate the development of innovative services relating to issues with ICTs in Agriculture and rural development and sustainable value chain development that transitions smallholder farmers to sustainable small scale commercial farmers. The studies are to be conducted on a national cross sectional methodology approach and require extensive primary data collection in select districts:
Duties and responsibilities:
The enumerators will have the responsibility of delivering the following:
- Executing all data collection activities in the respective field the enumerator has been selected for;
- Identifying the core respondents and ensuring data is properly captured on the approved devices and software;
- Assist respondents in questionnaire interpretation and completion;
- Identify patterns of data (implied and non-implied) and contribute to the analysis process.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Currently studying a degree in Development studies, Communications, Agriculture or a related degree (vacation tertiary students);
- Conversant with the local language for the select district;
- Good listening skills;
- Digitally literate students;
- Resident of the local community.
First preference will be given to qualified candidates who reside in the respective areas. Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to r[email protected]
Please state the position applied for and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisting for this role will be conducted on a rolling basis.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 4 May 2022