- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 534
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting opportunity has risen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in a diversified conglomerate for an Accountant position. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving business performance by providing administrative, budgeting, and financial reporting support to the organization through the production of the company’s financial reports and the fulfillment of other obligations such as tax and statutory reporting to satisfy stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of general ledgers, ensuring all processing for the month is done within precirculated reporting deadlines for the month, quarter, half year, and year-end.
- Produce timely, accurate, and relevant monthly management accounts information including commentary on significant areas and variances from budgets.
- Ensure that all processing cashbooks; accounts payable and accounts receivable is done on time, reviewed, and followed up.
- Recommend, maintain, and constantly review a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over management accounting activities.
- Ensuring that group entities under your care comply with tax regulations and adhere to internal controls.
- Take a lead role in the preparation and presentation of year-end financial statements.
- Ensure that all tax and regulatory reporting requirements are met within the stipulated timelines.
- Attending to general banking and finance activities.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Group Finance Manager
The ideal person must possess the following:
- Degree in Accounting from a reputable institution.
- 4 years’ experience in an Accountant role in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in financial and management reporting is an added advantage.
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to: [email protected] with the title Accountant in the subject line no later than Wednesday 30 November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.