Accountant General Ledger - Finance & Administration
- Post Date:July 24, 2023
- Views 1072
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of ACCOUNTANT GENERAL LEDGER – FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION –LEVEL 7 (1 POST) within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
- Preparing Annual Financial Statements (Income Statement. Balance Sheet & Cash Flow statement) for audit.
- Preparing periodic and adhoc internal reports for management
- Creating and updating master data in SAP for General Ledger Accounts, Profit Centres, Cost Centres, Fund Centres, Accounts receivables and Accounts payables vendor accounts.
- Addressing internal clients’ in the SAP system.
- Supervising and tracking implementation of year-end procedures/guidelines in preparation for a clean and timely year-end audit annually.
- Coordinating Accounts Analysis for all TB balances on a monthly baisis.
- Monitoring and controlling sectional expenditure against budget.
- Implementing -sectional plans and reviewing performance
- Reviewing bank reconciliations for all head office imprest bank accounts and other control accounts.
- Identifying resource requirements to support operations for the section
- Prioritising and authorising outgoing payments.
- Ensuring that all sub ledger modules are posting to the General Ledger and that the balances are reconciling.
- Recommending system improvements and coordinating FI processes in system upgrades.
- Ensuring that misposts are resolved in timely manner.
- Crafting procedures for General ledger accounting.
- Maintenance of the chart of accounts and alignment of reporting systems to policies
- Setting up performance standards and appraisal for subordinates.
- Supervising staff in the section
Job Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity and commitment to duty.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational, people and time management skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Sound technical knowledge of Accounting standards and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of IPSAS Financial reporting framework is an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP is a prerequisite.
- Computer skills, advanced Microsoft excel, and PowerPoint
- At least five years working in an accounting environment at supervisory or management level in a large organisation.
- A Clean Class 4 driver’s licence.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae by 28 July 2023, All applications should be emailed to: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for and addressed to:
The Director, Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to and females are encouraged to apply.