- Post Date:May 2, 2022
- Views 873
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification: General Service Staff G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reference Number: SVN2022/08
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organisation of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Zimbabwe and direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician and close coordination with the Resource Management Officer and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in Migration Health Assessment Centre
Core functions / responsibilities
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information;
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support for meetings and committees, conferences;
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence, follow-up on pending actions;
- Respond or draft responses to standard / routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing packages to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports;
- Proofread documents and format texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, and style, as well as for adherence to established standards;
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerised financial / travel / human resources systems;
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations / claims for staff as required;
- Assist in the administrative processing of vacancy notices and consultants’ contracts;
- Research, compile and organise information and reference materials from various sources for reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information; and maintain electronic and paper files;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organise paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, detail and client-oriented, patient and willing to learn new things;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organisations, non-government or government institutions / organisation in a multicultural setting is an advantage.
Languages: Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgement in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimise results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organisation’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment;
- No late applications will be accepted.
IOM invites interested candidates to submit their applications to [email protected] by 4 May 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.