Anti-Money Laundering Officer
- Post Date:November 23, 2022
- Views 314
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Banking
Job Family: Administration, Operations and Facilities
Career Stream: Admin, Transact Processing and Production
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Self
Assist with the maintenance of an Anti-Money Laundering program within the institution and AML, CFT, CPF and sanctions Business as usual (BAU) requirements based on regulatory requirements and informed by best practice and associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, proliferation financing and sanctions risk management to ensure local and international regulatory standards are met.
Compliance with Regulations against potential penalties.
- Carry out AML/CFT Training, Awareness, and communication to all staff.
- Actioning of Foreign payment escalations within the set SLA’s.
- Completion of various business units AML Risk assessments.
- Review of correspondent Banking files on establishment of a relationship and reverification of Correspondent Bank information and completion of AML questionnaires for Correspondent Banks as per agreed timelines.
- Assist in Ensuring compliance of the Bank’s statutory duties, regulatory obligations and agreed standards.
- Ensure the Bank, within the prescribed period, reports the prescribed particulars concerning a CTR, STR and any property associated with terrorist activity or transactions involving individuals/entities identified on legislated sanctions lists to the relevant internal reporting structures and, where required, to the relevant authorities and the FIU.
- Conduct audits to ensure that the bank is operating in accordance with AML/CFT & sanctions Regulations and legislation
- Maintain an exceptional customer satisfaction level with no comebacks or failures; Display utmost professionalism & ethical conduct in dealings with stakeholders, communications strategy
- Banking/Finance /Business Degree/ Law Degree
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 – 5 years’ banking experience
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business administration and management
- Change management
- Client service management
- Communication Strategies
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Operations planning
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Service level agreements
- Strategic planning
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Customer Focus
- Facilitating Change
- Inspiring others
- Driving for Results
- Delegation and Empowerment