- Post Date:August 23, 2022
- Views 1136
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
Location: Shurugwi District, Zimbabwe
Reference Id: REF33139G
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 25 August, 2022
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for an Assistant Accountant. The role is responsible for costing and services administration function within the Unit, to prescribed standards.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Ensure compliance to IFRS guidelines and Group financial policies and procedures
- Preparation and submission of monthly performance reports including the analysis of results to budgets, forecasts and prior year.
- Oversee the requisition process in the Performance Management department and advising sectionals MRCs on the creation of PRs
- Preparation and loading of Essbase files
- Managing the processing and verification of service invoices and attending to queries from suppliers
- Monitoring of Process critical stocks including monthend reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly cost reports
- Preparation of the monthly commitments report and follow ups on aged orders
- Prepare records of standard costs and values for items such as raw materials and packaging supplies · record cost variations and contract price movements
- Provide cost data for preparation of operating budgets and forecasts.
- Provide information to assist in determining the total cost of the processing operations.
- Support the requirements of internal/ external audits of the operation
- Participate in required meetings including safety engagements
- Safeguard accounting records to ensure all records are maintained according to related legislation
- Set up a system to control all aspects of accounting records including completeness of accounting records
- Updating and reconciling the concentrate / matte dispatch schedules
- Clearing accounts reconciliations.
- Posting General Ledger Journals
- Filing of relevant documents and retrieval when required
- Creating journals for Expenditure vouchers, VISA card bank charges and accurately posting in SAP
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Computer literacy for role
- MS Office package
- Studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of relevant SAP modules
- At least 4 years accounting experience in the mining/processing industry
- Certificate of fitness
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 25 August 2022