Assistant Finance Officer
- Post Date:August 11, 2022
- Views 392
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Assist the Finance Officer to provide financial information to management by examining and analysing accounting data, preparing accurate reports in compliance with OPHID Policies and Procedures, donor rules and regulations and other applicable rules and regulations in a timely manner. In addition, he/she assists with the management and safeguarding of the organisation’s financial resources and meeting statutory obligations.
- Review VAT schedules and supporting documents for compliance, accuracy, and completeness on a monthly basis.
- Offer financial review, analysis and assistance to internal departments and management taking into consideration the interests, giving an account of issues, and offering variance explanations.
- Organize meetings, as well as update accounting and business records.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for terminal benefits accounts for review by the Finance Officer.
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliations including as assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Keep track of entries in allocated Balance Sheet Accounts to ensure they are cleared on a monthly basis.
- Process financial transactions as required in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance of organisational expenditure with USG regulations through reviewing and analysing expenditures from payment packages.
- Processing payments in SAGE ERP and on the business online platforms.
- Reviewing tax returns ensuring that statutory returns are correctly completed and filed and that statutory obligations are paid on time.
- Prepare month-end journals for accruals, prepayments for review by the Finance Officer to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information.
- Perform allocated bank reconciliations for the FACE Consortium bank accounts.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as required
- A Degree in Accountancy,
- Studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIS, CIMA
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration and Management, Finance, Accounting or related field is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payables.
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in IT, Excel and Pastel
- Step 1: Click here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 12 August 2022, 1600 hours