Back Office Supervisor (Heritage Branch)
- Post Date:November 18, 2022
- Views 246
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Business Unit: Retail & Business Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Retail & Business Banking
Vacancy Manager: Branch Team Leader
Purpose of the job
To oversee the Ledgers department and ensure efficient processing of customer transactions and provide a support service to the front office. To safeguard customer mandates and maintain high standards of confidentiality.
Main Focus Areas
REAL TIME GROSS SETTLEMENT TRANSACTIONS AND INTERNAL FUNDS TRANSFERS.
- Collects customer instructions from the Meeter Greeter for checking as and when they are received.
- Validates the instructions collected from the Meeter Greeter daily by checking completeness and correctness of information provided and that the customer signature(s) has been verified and the instruction has been stamped to ensure that the instruction is ready for processing.
- Checks customer balance daily by using FCC to ensure that the transfer can be effected from the customer’s account
- Refers accounts with insufficient funds by forwarding instruction to the Manager for approval daily
- Advises customer of the Manager’s decision by phone/ e-mail to update them where transfers cannot be effected because of insufficient funds as necessary.
- Approves customer instruction by signing it as authorization for all instructions below USD$10000.00 daily.
- Seeks approval of all transfers of USD$10000.00 and above daily by sending them to the Operations Managers for authorisation.
- Receives authorized transfers from Operations Manager daily for processing and forwards all authorized instructions to Back Officer Clerk for capture on FCC System.
- Sends RTGS instructions to Treasury Back Office for further processing by 12:00 daily.
- Receives processed instructions from Back Office Clerk daily for authorization on the FCC System.
- Authorizes transaction in the FCC System by checking correctness of details on the system against the physical instruction to ensure correct of input daily
ACTIONING OF DAILY REPORT
- Prints the previous day’s batch proof report from FCC and gives it to the Back Office Clerk for tick-back every morning together with the previous day’s physical instructions for verification daily.
- Receives the ticked and signed batch proof report from the Back Office Clerk and hands over to Operations Manager by hand for filing daily.
RECONCILIATION OF SUSPENSE ACCOUNTS
- Balances relevant suspense accounts on a daily basis in order to verify whether entries have been authorized to go through the correct accounts.
- Investigates anomalies on suspense accounts by verifying originators of the entry/ voucher to take necessary steps to regularize account daily.
- Ensures that the Back Office Clerks perform their duties according to laid down procedures by quality checking their work on a daily basis to ensure that errors are minimized.
- Ensures that the department is adequately manned by close monitoring of subordinates to avoid backlog and disruptions in work flow daily.
- Manages the attendance register for the Ledgers Department daily by carrying out regular checks to see if staff in the department is signing on and off.
- Ensures that subordinates maintain a proper filling system by weekly checking at random in order to assist in the speedy access to information needed for the efficient delivery of service.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Diploma in Accounting, Business Studies, Marketing or related field.
- A University Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years back office banking experience or similar.
Skills and Competencies:
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Risk awareness.
- Task oriented
- Efficient time management.
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
- Confident and resilient.
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for the country banking system.
- Knowledge and analytical skills, ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations, including strategy, product/services design, credit risk management, credit underwriting, collections, etc.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to: [email protected] attaching all your academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Back-Office Supervisor ”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 20 November 2022 at 1630hrs.