Behaviour Change Field Assistant
- Post Date:October 24, 2022
- Views 1148
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Location: Umzingwane x 1
Job requisition ID: R12617
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the Position
The Behaviour Change Field Assistant will support the implementation of Spotlight GBV prevention and referral pathways interventions at district level. In fulfilment of her/his duties, Behaviour Change Field Assistant will work closely with the Ministry of women Affairs, Department of Social Development, Ministry of Health and Child Care, NAC District AIDS Co-ordinators (DAC), and various stakeholders in public, private and NGO sectors. The incumbent will report to the Behaviour Change Programme Coordinator.
- Oversee and monitor all GBV Spotlight interventions at District level
- Support and monitor community volunteers with capacity building, data collection methodology and in M&E processes
- Participate in district consultative meetings in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Affairs, Social Services, ZNFPC, National AIDS council and other relevant stakeholders.
- Advocate with traditional, religious, political, administrative and other leaders in the district on issues of GBV prevention and reporting.
- Plan, budget and facilitate district level advocacy meetings and capacity building of community leaders as well as District stakeholders and community volunteers
- Strengthen collaborative partnerships with GBV working group to facilitate effective referral pathways and joint activities
- Participate in the recruitment and training of District level community volunteer
- Manage and account for all program resources at district level – program finances and assets
- Overseeing data collection through GBV information management system and MNE tools and systems
- A Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences degree or related.
- Two years’ experience working in community development.
- Experience working in working at grassroots level, engaging different stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Gender discourse
- Experience in multi-sectoral development approaches;
- Community mobilization skills,
- Ability to interact with district leadership;
- Hands on experience working with decentralized structures
- Ability to respect and relate to people of different ethics and culture.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely, cost effective way.
- Clean Class 4 drivers’ licence a must.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only