- Post Date:November 24, 2022
- Views 833
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Job Requisition ID: R13982
Reports to: Management Accountant
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the Position:
To record all financial transactions in the appropriate books of accounts,to provide services to other departments through processing of payments.
Handling Supplier payments and creditors reconciliations
- Responsible for direct invoice entry and timely submission of invoices to SSC, ensuring that OTP rating is above 90% month on month.
- Checking Creditors’ invoices for accuracy and monthly reconciliation • Verifying compliance of creditors’ invoices with Zimra & internal control requirements.
- Process payment requests and writing of cheques upon receipt of approved and complete documents.
- Sending proof of payment to Creditors and APs whenever payments are made.
- Timeous disbursement and recording of all cheques making sure check book registers are maintained and up to date
- Prepare reconciliation for Creditor’s invoices as well as utility bills. Updating the invoice tracking tool and submitting it on weekly basis to Finance officer for further reviews and follow up. Working with the accounts payable team in reconciling accrual accounts and keeping them up to date.
- Work closely with SCM team in collecting invoices and timely submitting them to shared services for payment processing.
- Work closely with SCM on rejected invoices and making sure they are resubmitted to shared service on time.
- Preparing RTGS for Creditors’ invoices.
Transaction coding and accuracy
- Allocating expenses to relevant cost centres and APs. Ensuring that all accounting information, and transactions are captured on time and correctly in accordance with WV Financial reporting standards.
- To perform high standard of accuracy on transaction referencing and account coding into accounting packages
- Provide effective explanation for any extraordinary data output to the supervisor for corrective action.
- Check and sign recorded by on all vouchers as segregation of duty to ensure correct journal source in the accounting system.
- Perform date stamping of all vouchers before filling
- Ensure that all information on the batch control is complete and accurate on daily basis, this ensures an accurate output and quality financial reports.
- Assisting the Finance Officer with compilation of funding forecasts from ADPs and all departments. • Maintenance and daily update of Cash Book and making sure bank accounts are adequately funded to avoid overdrawing.
- Maintaining and checking bank balance on a daily basis and advising Finance officer on status as required.
Document management and safe keeping
- Ensure safe custody of the Organisation’s cheque books and all security documents under lock and key.
- Ensuring that all finance documents are reviewed and approved before they are filed.
- Sequential numbering of documents accurately to enhance prudent referencing and timely production of validation reports.
- Classification of data and filling in readiness of both internal and international audit to ease retrieval for daily immediate use, making sure that all finance documents are securely stored under lock and key.
- Ensure that all financial information is properly filled according to voucher type e.g. FCA vouchers and are safely stored and advise on ways of improving on filing and retrieval system.
- Chronological arrangement of files in both filling cabinets and the filling room.
- Responsible for scanning all financial documents on request.
Financial Accounting, Balance sheet reconciliations, reporting and control
- Reconciliation of Accruals Account 2001, Employee 20001 accounts and supplier 20003 accounts and submit monthly reconciliation schedules by the 15th of every month.
- Maintain and follow up on National and Program Office loss reports
- Do trouble shooting on the operation of Sunsystems accounting package and report to the management accountant/finance for appropriate corrective action.
- Prepare and submit a performance report to the supervisor on data submission from various departments.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts working closely with the rest of the finance team in clearing outstanding balances and keeping all BS balances current and up to date.
- Support Finance officer in providing required information to clear and process outstanding bank reconciliation items on time.
- Extract LDR report and work with P&C to ensure 100% LDR compliance
- Work closely with risk team to ensure 100% on BPS screening, checking and making sure that before payments are processed BPS screening is done.
Knowledge and Qualifications for the role
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or any relevant field
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Sun Systems, Vision etc
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI FFM. Good working knowledge of grant and sponsorship accounting.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications come. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.