Casual Finance Clerk - Central Office
- Post Date:November 26, 2022
- Views 328
- Career Level ClerkQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Support the Finance Officer to provide administrative and financial services in order to ensure that receipts and payments are accurately issued and recorded, program advances are liquidated timeously and in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures and other applicable rules and regulations. In addition, he/she assists with the management and safeguarding of the organisation’s financial resources and records.
- Assist the Finance Officer to maintain and coordinate the implementation of OPHID policies and procedures that govern finance and operations (such as the Financial Management Policy and Procedures Manual and the Accounting SOP). This is achieved through adhering to the provisions of the policies and procedures when conducting duties, explaining the policy provisions to non-finance staff as well as bringing to the attention of the Finance Officer any challenges
- Assist the Finance Officer to attend to issues raised in the BVA meetings pertaining to finance issues such as mis posts.
- Maintain accounting records to ensure the availability of adequate supporting documents for transactions in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures, donor rules and other applicable guidelines.
- Perform account reconciliations such as bank account reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations in compliance with the OPHID Accounting SOP to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information.
- Prepare the VAT invoice schedule for review by the Assistant Finance Officer. Ensure that the VAT schedule reconcile with the VAT ledger in the accounting package.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of audits and internal compliance reviews by providing the required information as delegated by the Assistant Finance Officer.
- Prepare payment vouchers in compliance with the provisions of OPHID’s policies and procedures and submit to the Finance Officer for review. If there are any discrepancies these should be brought to the attention of the person who raised the requisition for corrective action
- Issue receipts based on the approved schedule of inflows and record the receipt numbers on the appropriate documents.
- Assist the Finance Officer to respond to enquiries from employees on issues pertaining to acquittals as delegated.
- A Degree in Accountancy or Finance,
- At least 1 year’s post qualification experience in a similar position
- Studying towards a professional qualification
- Advanced Excel Training or Certification is an added advantage
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in IT and Pastel
- Step 1: Click Here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to : [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 16:00 hours,29 November 2022