Chief Airworthiness Inspector
- Post Date:January 14, 2022
- Views 605
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DiplomaExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Transportation
Reports to: Director Flight Safety Standards
Location: Head Office
The position exists for the management of the Airworthiness department Safety Oversight and Surveillance functions and related activities. The position manages development of airworthiness-related policies, domestication of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) as a member of the Regulations Developing Committee (REDCOM), implementation and enforcement of the policies in line with local aviation regulations and ICAO requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manage the departmental oversight audit programme.
- Develops the State Safety Program
- Develops technical guidance material for use by inspectors
- Participates in the formulation of regulations as a member of the Regulations Developing Committee (REDCOM)
- Governs the personnel examination system.
- Develops and Manages Departmental policies.
- Manages and administers the Airworthiness Inspectorate departmental duties and welfare.
- Sets performance criteria for the Department’s team members.
- Regulations of miscellaneous approvals
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s license, Category A and C or X with at least two type ratings for large air carrier aircraft or two type ratings on General Aviation Aircraft; AND
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Certificate;
- Safety Oversight Manager’s certificate;
- Air Transport engineering & maintenance certificate OR
- Degree in Airworthiness Engineering
- 15 years’ experience in a CAA regulatory environment of which 5 years must be at management level: OR
- 3 years experience at senior airworthiness inspector level ina CAA Airworthiness department.
Skills and Competencies
- Must be computer literate
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Must be conversant with relevant ICAO SARPs.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- High work ethics
- Good knowledge of aviation industry
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability programs
- Knowledge of aging aircraft and damage tolerance of aircraft structures;
- In-depth knowledge of aviation law.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates not later than 16 January 2022 to: –
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building