Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- Post Date:December 21, 2021
- Views 874
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Africa University, a Pan African United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and well-experienced persons to fill the strategic position of Chief Finance Officer (CFO).
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor (President), the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) is the Head of Department responsible for providing financial leadership, direction and management of the finance team in a highly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) environment. The CFO is expected to optimize the financial performance of the institution by managing and reporting liquidity and return on investment.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
- An Accounting Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Should be registered with a Professional Accountancy Association;
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management would be an added advantage;
- Experience working in a multi-currency financial system;
- Competence in operating Sage Accounting Software would be added advantage;
- Experience in managing partners and donor funds;
- Experience in managing diversity and thriving in an international and multicultural environment.
- Responsible for studying long and short-term economic trends and projecting their impact on current and future University operations and thereafter providing strategic recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and Heads of Departments.
- Working with all Departments to formulate the University budget and overseeing the preparation of all financial reports.
- Developing strategic professional relationships and partnership at all levels within the organization and externally, including the United Methodist Church, donors and sponsors, Government Agencies and other key stakeholders to ensure strong mutual beneficial relationships
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including students and suppliers, in managing key financial areas including cash flow, working capital, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and debt management.
- Working with ICT on integrating the accounting software with other important systems including the ERP and University bankers so that relevant information on finances is accessible to user departments and students.
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and practices to support the strategic objectives of the University.
- Making recommendations on investment of local funds and working closely with Africa University Development Office on offshore investments and on raising additional capital required to support university advancement.
- Serving as a member of various University committees including Senate.
Applications together with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees and their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal Addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Or email to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 24 December 2021
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to