Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Post Date:November 23, 2022
- Views 610
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Our client, a state-of-the-art healthcare service provider is seeking an analytical, game changing individual to join their team as Chief Operating Officer. The all-rounder is expected to specialise in Business Operations while driving the Sales and Marketing strategy of the business.
The Chief Operating Officer will be central in the strategic operational development of the business including;
- Taking ownership of the operational functions across the business and provide leadership to the relevant teams on a day-to-day basis and to be a strategic business partner to the executive team.
- Be able to constructively challenge at all levels – ensuring managers take ownership of the operational performance of their departments.
- Ensures strategic objectives are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Leads the activities of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to reduce overall operational expenditure.
- Contributes to the development of business strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Manages budgets for the business and ensures that operational and capital expenditure remains within the approved business plans.
- Analyses effectiveness of processes and systems in use in the business, recommends and implements new processes and systems.
- Benchmark’s productivity of the business against industry standards and creates measures to improve productivity. Looks for methods to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, and improve control measures.
- Assumes responsibility for new business development and implementation of growth strategies.
- Leads, inspires and coaches a team of high calibre professionals.
- Monitors the adherence to governance and sets high standards of professionalism across the functions.
- Reviews People and Performance Management plans to determine effectiveness.
- Degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Post-graduation qualification – MBA/MBL.
- 5-10 years of executive level operational experience required.
- Experience at executive management level in Healthcare or Medical Insurance sectors is preferred.
- Sound background in senior level Operations, Commercial, Financial, Sales and Marketing and Strategic management is also desired.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and communication skills.
- Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset.
If you meet the above criteria, email your current CV to: [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on Friday 25th of November 2022.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.