- Post Date:November 21, 2022
- Views 458
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Job Family: Risk, Audit and Compliance
Career Stream: Regulatory Compliance
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Others
Assist the Head of Compliance with the coordination, facilitation and management of the compliance risk for Nedbank Zimbabwe through monitoring, reporting and developing networks, providing advice to minimizing regulatory, reputational and compliance risk and endeavor to avert potential litigations/ penalties and ultimately increase shareholder value for the bank. This, to be achieved through:
- Assist managers within the Business Unit to monitor risks related to governance and compliance by providing guidance or offering expert advice to governance and compliance officers.
- Developing mechanisms to identify and determine the Bank’s Regulatory Universe.
- Maintaining collaborative partnerships with stakeholders to ensure continuous engagement and accountability of Business Units.
- Ensuring compliance risks are managed by developing an annual risk-based compliance monitoring programme across the bank and conducting compliance monitoring in line with the board approved Compliance Programme.
- Administering compliance management systems and support platforms to ensure efficient management of compliance risk.
- Timely reporting and escalation of incidents of non-compliance/breaches.
- Compliance Training and Awareness (management and embedment of compliance training plan and effectiveness measurement, including reporting).
- Assist the Head of Governance and Compliance to set annual budget for Business Unit/Cluster compliance function.
- Ensure transformational targets are met. Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Participate in developing, implementing and addressing issues raised in culture surveys to improve results.
- Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision.
- Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps. Training, mentoring and coaching team to equip staff with appropriate skills and competences for service delivery.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- B Com, LLB, Audit, Risk Management, Data Analytics Degree
- CISA/ ICCP/ ACCPA/ ACAMS
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 -7 years’ experience in risk management, 5 years of which must be in a compliance related role.
- At least 3 years in a managerial position.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Change management
- Client service management
- Diversity management
- Employee training/development
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Operations planning
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Behavioural Competencies
- Decision Making
- Work Standards
- Applied Learning
- Driving for results