- Post Date:June 19, 2023
- Views 698
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Closure Date: 19/Jun/2023, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRZIM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
Duration: 120 days when actually employed (WAE)
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
FAO supports governments and regional bodies to address their needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources. The Administrative Unit supports program and project implementation by being custodian of rules, regulations and procedures; providing financial certifications; maintenance of records; monitoring corporate activities; budget management; security management; and ensuring adequacy of internal controls.
Working under the overall supervision of the SFS Sub-Regional Coordinator and FAO Representative in Zimbabwe, and direct supervision of the Head of Administration, the Compliance Specialist will do a health check on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Zimbabwe country office fuel coupon system.
The technical areas/profiles covered will be as follows:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the FAO’s Redan fuel coupons and Total smart card fuel system.
• Reviews fuel coupon receipts and disbursements under the fuel coupons custodian.
• Reviews coupons disbursed to implementing partners and establish how adequate is the current systems.
• Reviews smart card fuel usage for official vehicles and generators to determine adequacy of the current system & Report any matters incidental to the fuel management system.
• Reviews the office asset registry and carry spot checks.
• Makes recommendations for improvements or adequacy to the current system with emphasis on the disbursement and acquittal of fuel advanced and fuel usage in the running of official vehicles and the generators as well as the management of the assets.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Degree in audit, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics or related field. Possession of a professional audit qualification is desirable.
- At least five years relevant internal audit experience or audit experience in a consulting firm.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National of Zimbabwe or a legal resident in the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in auditing, accounting, management and information systems techniques
- Extent and relevance of experience in risk assessments
- Experience in using specialised auditing software
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT