Customer Service and Sales Officer
- Post Date:August 13, 2022
- Views 721
- Offered Salary USD 1,725.00 per monthCareer Level OfficerQualification Diploma
- Experience 3-5 YearsIndustry Private Sector
Location: Harare, Sub Saharan Africa, ZW
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
To ensure the smooth running of the British Council’s Exams and Customer Services operations in Zimbabwe by delivering high-quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador to provide a seamless customer experience to all relevant stakeholders, handle enquiries about British Council Exams Services and meet agreed targets, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council’s Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, by email or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities / products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines
- You will build rapport with prospective customers to gain understanding and information to respond to their specific needs and requirements
- You will also be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale
In addition, you will maintain efficient and up to date scheduling of rooms for both internal and external customers.
- And supervise the use of all digital systems related to facilities booking.
- Ensure a courteous and efficient first point of contact for external customers visiting Accra office/country with customer expectations exceeded.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Manage social media inquiries and complaints in an effective and brand-appropriate manner to create in order to create a better customer experience.
- Collect and report money collected from customers for exam services daily according to FCCF and audit requirements, through cash desks and by issuing receipts for all income received, reconciliation and, processing refunds. Cash desks must be balanced and closed accurately with actual received income
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Comprehensive, proven experience as a customer service and sales executive
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Fast learner and passion for customer service and sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Relevant qualification or training undertaken in Sales.
- Marketing and Communications experience
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
Pay band: 4
Salary: USD 1,725.00 per month
Contract type: Fixed Term up till 30 September 2023
Location: Zimbabwe (Harare and Bulawayo)
- Closing Date – 14 August 2022 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time
- Essential Requirements- Rights to live and work in the country the role is based in.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email: [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.