Deputy Chief of Party - Zimbabwe Global Development Alliance Activity
- Post Date:November 21, 2022
- Views 816
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: ZW (Primary)
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Senior Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel: Up to 25%
CNFA is currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the upcoming Zimbabwe Global Development Alliance Activity for the agriculture sector. The DCOP will supervise program implementation, providing guidance on technical program design and implementation and ensuring achievement of expected outputs and impacts, according to the approved work plan.
- Serve as principal point of contact for the activity for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Support the development of technical reports, annual work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Together with the Chief of Party, lead implementation of program activities on the ground, providing direct or functional supervision to technical staff;
- Represent the program with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify and effectively manage all technical performance-related risks for the program.
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results; and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study including business, agriculture, economics, forestry, or related field of study from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant industry experience in Zimbabwe achieving meaningful and sustainable results;
- Experience collaborating with relevant government officials and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in working with smallholder farmers and wild collectors in Zimbabwe to sustainably source targeted products, experience in commercialization of non-timber forest products, experience with international export certification standards, and/or natural resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams and work effectively and collaboratively in team environments;
- Strong technical expertise, management skills, and a strong command of English technical writing and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.