- Post Date:February 6, 2023
- Views 337
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Royal Pharmacy Bulawayo was founded in 1997, and we have accomplished so much over the years. To create a world where everyone has access to a superior foundation of life through health & personal care has always been our goal. We are committed to achieving our goal by providing a compassionate customer service, affordable products/services, being a responsible partner that meets your needs & executing empowering measures to lift our staff and the communities we serve.
We are looking to hire an efficient pharmacy assistant to perform all clerical duties required for the efficient running of the pharmacy. The pharmacy assistant’s responsibilities include creating and maintaining patient files, handling customer transactions and inventory at our pharmacy, placing orders for pharmaceutical supplies, and operating the cash register. You should also be able to direct patients’ medication-related questions to the pharmacist. You will be dispensing both prescription and over the counter medicine to customers. You will also be responsible for checking and evaluating written prescriptions, as well as recording and verifying patient information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations.
To be successful as a pharmacy assistant, you should be able to receive and unpack new stock delivered by suppliers. Ultimately, an outstanding pharmacy assistant should ensure that shelves are properly stocked and organized and that work areas are always clean. You also must display excellent communication skills and an affinity for great customer service. You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Taking inventory of all medication and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Processing sales transactions for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Directing all questions relating to prescriptions, health matters, or medications to the pharmacist.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Restocking shelves with medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Accurately typing and printing out prescription labels.
- Attending to emails.
- Ensuring that work areas are organized and clean.
- Accepting written prescriptions or refill requests from patients and evaluating information for completeness and accuracy.
- Recording medical histories while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations.
- Delivering quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, or requests, and referring them to the pharmacist for medical information.
- Verifying the accuracy of patient information.
- Counting prescription medication, filling prescriptions, and typing and attaching medication labels.
- Performing inventory audits and purchasing supplies and medication.
- The ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks.
- Basic math skills for counting medications.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Adaptable and passionate about acquiring more knowledge as well as skills.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Trustworthy and open to learning sign language.
- The ability to work as part of a team and willing to learn.
- Excellent customer service, organisational and sales abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Goal oriented and passionate about welfare of our customers and the communities we serve.
- Can speak Shona, Ndebele and English
- O’ Level or higher education.
- Working towards pharmacy technician or dispensary assistant certification.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven experience assisting in a pharmacy.
- Experience in sales, retail, or related field may be preferred.
If you are interested in our job opportunities, please send your CV and cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate to our email [email protected] or WhatsApp 0789063714. You can also provide your documents required by our office at our Royal Pharmacy branch by:
110 Fort Street & 9th Avenue,