District Medical Officer (Re-advertisement)
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 1083
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of District Medical Officer which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Provincial Medical Director
STATION: Muzarabani District, Bulilima District Hospital, Mangwe District Hospital, Insiza District Hospital, Gokwe North District Hospital
The District Medical Officer has the responsibility for planning, organizing, managing, coordinating and implementing health and health related activities in the distinct of jurisdiction under the direction of the Provincial Medical Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for provision of clinical services in the district.
- Ensures that professional standards are maintained in the provision of clinical services.
- Initiates strategies to improve quality by promoting medical and clinical audits in health institutions in the district and encourages the development of evidence based clinical practice and research.
- Promotes a positive image for the hospital with the media or general public where clinical matters are concerned.
- Performs a number of medico-legal examinations for the police and to give evidence in courts of law as required.
- Ensures adherence to rules and regulations and enforces discipline among staff.
- Allocates and delegates duties to other officers having due regard for their capabilities.
- Controlling officer of all districts.
- Interprets and translates national priorities and objectives into district objectives and targets.
- Directs the planning of an integrated health service for the distinct through consultations with other interested parties.
- Responsible for the development of costed annual and quarterly plans and budgets and their implementation and review (holds planning meetings with DHE to develop work plans and budgets).
- Responsible for the timely submission of annual and quarterly progress and financial reports.
- Manages and administers health activities within and outside the hospital.
- Ensures that there are good management systems in the district.
- Supports and supervision of district wide health services (visiting Rural Health Centres, Mission hospitals, private health facilities and public health services to supervise them regularly for administrative and professional purposes).
- Organizing and directing or co-coordinating ail the necessary action against major communicable and other similar diseases of public health importance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A qualification in Public Health (MPH) is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years post internship experience.
- Proficiency in computers,
- Current registration with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 8 August 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Those who responded to the previously advertised posts need not re-apply.
Related Jobs (1)
Doctor – Harare on June 10, 2023 Full Time