- Post Date:February 6, 2023
- Views 820
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
This is a local role with HOPE Zimbabwe based out of Harare, Zimbabwe.
The incumbent is responsible for driving HOPE program vehicle(s) to various assigned destinations. The incumbent will ensure vehicle maintenance and up-keeping and ensure office vehicles are fit for road use in Zimbabwe. Additionally, the driver will be responsible for assisting the Administration Officer with general office administration work and also participating in devotions and other office activities.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
Driving and Vehicle Maintenance
- Driving staff and visitors to assigned destinations for business and related activities.
- Running office errands using the vehicle
- Adhering to all traffic laws, regulations, and speed limits.
- Ensuring vehicle maintenance, including general upkeep/cleanliness of the vehicle (s)
- Observing all necessary protocol in relating to any dignitaries and their families or guests whilst transporting them.
- Recording and seeking approval for all travel also keeping clear and accurate vehicle maintenance records.
- Making sure that the vehicle is well fueled, fit for the road with all licensing and insurance documents obtained for the Program.
- Running minor vehicle checks / repairs daily and alert management as soon as there is any concern so that maintenance doesn’t hinder any travel
General Administration Assistance
- Assisting the Administration department in administrative matters such as running errands, general and basic asset maintenance
- Liaising with some service providers upon guidance from the AFM
- Attending and leading devotions in the office on occasion
- Any other duties within the scope of the above responsibilities as may be requested from time to time
Personal confession of the Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Ability to properly maintain vehicle and diagnose mechanical issues as needed
- Ability to navigate all types of roads safely and expertly, including in rural areas
- Aptitude for learning new skills, including basic administration duties
- Personal confession of the Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a courteous attitude
- Commitment to integrity and honesty even when results are not favorable.
- Servant heart and willing to assist staff in their tasks
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and consistently with the capacity to handle various tasks with accuracy whilst always maintaining a friendly and courteous disposition
- Ability to work outside of regular hours in daylight, at night and on weekends when necessary
- Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods of time (usually not more than 5 consecutive days) and up to 75% of the time.
- Possesses physical capacity to sit and stand for long periods and ability to handle various luggage
- 5 O Level passes
- Clean driving certificates and courses
- Any professional course is an added advantage
- English & Shona speaking, reading, and writing fluency.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023 at 11:55 pm.