- Post Date:June 12, 2023
- Views 814
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ZIMBABWE IS LOOKING FOR AN EHS INTERN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
LOCATION: Harare, Zimbabwe
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-term for 12 months
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Assist shift leaders and contractors in carrying out risk assessments
- Track EHS Key performance indicators on daily, weekly, and monthly basis and update Dashboard regularly.
- Conduct EHS training for new joiners, employees, and contractors
- Collect, analyze and report accurate and timely data on incidents,
- Monitor compliance to IEDMs (Incident Elimination Daily Management) tools such as QRP, JSA, near-miss and behavior-based observations, 5Shousekeeping, Gemba Walk and ensure corrective action are closed out on or before due dates.
- Attend and participate fully in DDS, PDM, PMH, EHS Work Groups, EHS Technical meetings on a regular basis.
- Drive ESG Agenda to meet Regional and Global Targets
- Inspect the work environment on regularly
- Track EHS Key performance indicators and submit monthly EHS reports on time and in full
- Assist in reviewing of legislation changes
- Provide environmental, occupational health and safety advice to shift leaders
- Assisting in coordination and preparation of reports, training programs
- Issue permit to employees and contractors on site.
- Assisting with industrial hygiene assessments such as air monitoring and noise, dust and heat surveys, and job hazard analysis; conducting need analysis and maintaining personal protective equipment.
- Ensure compliances with statutory provisions and required documents are in place and are updated.
- Continuously raise awareness about safety among employees and contractors
- Daily site inspection to identify any risks and report to the responsible line manager and Engineering &EHS Manager.
- Participate in Accident investigation to find root cause, provide training for safety to staff, coordinate safety campaigns
- Carry out mock fire drills
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Engineering or Environment, Health or Safety-related fields
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet or beat deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Some experience in manufacturing safety management
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building extraordinary capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!