- Post Date:March 8, 2023
- Views 362
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our maintenance team as an Engineering Manager. This position gives ideal candidates a rare opportunity to contribute towards production and delivery of various products under one of Zimbabwe’s oldest and most distinguished brands.
The position is responsible for the following:
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the implementation of planned maintenance.
- Requisitioning spares and equipment through normal everyday procurement systems and CAPEX approval processes.
- Ensuring budgetary control for the repairs, spares, consumables and overall maintenance costs.
- Training subordinates and production personnel on some machine operations at installation stages.
- Improving and designing production equipment systems to suit current and future needs.
- Ensuring that the factories and works Act is being followed in operations as well as the EMA Act and other relevant regulations.
- Overseeing projects and installations to ensure that they are delivered on time and on budget in line with approved specifications.
- Refurbishing plant equipment while maintaining a robust preventive maintenance programme in place.
- Inspecting work done by Artisans, Foremen and contractors including new equipment and plant commissioning.
- Continuously researching and identifying innovative ways to improve plant performance and produce at least possible cost.
Key Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must have:
- First Degree in, Engineering or related field
- 5 years relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Hands on experience in maintenance planning and execution;
- Broad knowledge of health and safety processes and standards;
- Good project management knowledge and experience.
- Team leadership and management skills
Interested individuals must email their applications and CVs to: [email protected] with the subject line: “Maintenance Manager” by 10 March 2023.
Applications received after 10 March 2023 will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.