Enterprise Risk Assistant Manager
- Post Date:June 30, 2022
- Views 927
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Requisition ID: 1030369
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
Management, audit committees and boards of directors rely on internal audit (IA) to provide assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing support in a diverse array of risk and business process improvement areas.
As an Internal Audit Assistant Manager, you will work with a number of top tier clients, leading medium to large scale engagements and provide subject matter expertise to our engagement teams. The range of projects that the team are involved with, means that there is a dynamic team environment, providing employees with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Complete audit procedures and documentation for higher-risk areas to broaden technical skills (e.g. revenue, financial instruments, income taxes)
- Assist in the preparation for an Audit Quality Review (AQR)
- Assist in the completion of independence procedures as applicable for your specific client situation
- Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Internal Audit and across other services
- Perform internal audit procedures in more complex areas building technical competence and be the primary day-today contact for the client
- Take ownership for the delivery of high-quality audit work
- Supervise the execution of complex parts of internal audit engagements
- Provide an independent opinion on risk and control environment
- Engaging management to agree on risk assessments, audit deliverables and audit responses
- Liaising with senior executives on scope and timing of audits
- Performing tests relating to SOX/ICFR process
- Identifying potential client service opportunities and discussing with relevant account teams.
- Participating in business development initiatives.
- Applying internal audit and industry knowledge to identify key issues and value drivers when working on engagements
- Coaching, training and delegating work to junior staff where necessary
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring trainees
- Develop self and others through both seeking and offering on-the-job coaching and knowledge sharing
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to trainees
- Develop personal profile and awareness of EY offerings in the marketplace
- Build strong and long-term relationships with key client sponsors
- Manage risk of delivery on client engagement
- Manage all financial aspects of client engagements
- Act as an ambassador of EY in the market and with clients
Qualifications and Experience
- CA, ACCA, CIA or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience at a senior or managerial level in Internal Audit, specifically relating to the above responsibilities;
- Internal audit experience in a public accounting firm is an added advantage;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, advanced excel skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills;
- A valid passport as the successful candidate should be willing to travel outside Zimbabwe