Environment Justice Attaché
- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 296
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) is a premier public interest environmental law organization which seeks to promote environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector. ZELA’s work is mainly anchored on a core group of rights which are reflective of natural resources governance namely, Environmental, Economic, Social and Cultural (EESC) rights. As such a large component of the organization’s work involves influencing implementation and reforms within legal and institutional frameworks governing the environment and natural resources sector through strategies such as research, civic education, and advocacy. In pursuing its vision and mission, ZELA belief in capacity building of communities, its staff and early and aspiring professionals in natural resource governance and environmental justice. In the proposed position, the attaché will learn how to take skills acquired during studies and apply them in a professional setting. It provides the candidate an opportunity to network directly with experts in environmental justice within the work of ZELA. It is against this background that these terms of reference are being developed.
The purpose of the terms of reference is to recruit an environmental justice attaché’ to assist in ZELA environmental justice related programmes.
Specific terms of reference
- To assist Project Officers with project implementation including planning and organizing for project activities and writing activity reports (workshops, community meetings, training);
- To assist Project Officers with research including creation and generation of various knowledge and information products like publications, the Environment Pulse and blog articles for the website;
- To assist Project Officers working on children and youth programming with strategies on sustaining ZELA’s youth network;
- To assist Project Officers in outcome harvesting and collection of community stories and feedback;
- To perform any other programs related duties assigned.
- Current Geography and Environmental Sciences Student;
- Able to report to ZELA offices in Harare;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge about environmental justice and law
Persons with the above requirements and qualifications are encouraged to submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, with names of two referees and their contact details (email and phone) of not more than 5 pages. Applications which do not contain all the above documents will be regarded as incomplete and will not be considered. Applications must be addressed to [email protected] by the 25th of April 2022.
The title of the Environmental Justice Attaché should be clearly stated in the email subject and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.