- Post Date:July 25, 2023
- Views 976
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Reports to: Chief Environment and Public Health Officer
Location: Head Office
Purpose of the job
This position exists to provide a coordination role in the implementation and review of Environmental management policies, procedures and practices to ensure achievement of the Organization’s objectives of implementing sustainable business practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the implementation of all requisite Environmental Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the implementation of best practices in Environmental Management at all Airports.
- Ensures compliance to Environment related regulations by all Airports.
- Ensures compliance to the Organisation’s Environmental Management Plan and timeous implementation of Environmental Management programs.
- Analyses organisational systems, processes, activities and ensure compliance to ICAO, ACI, IATA recommendations on Environmental Management in aviation.
- Implements of strategies and practises that help foster Environment protection including the surrounding communities.
- Ensures implementation of Environment awareness programs at all business units.
- Participates in the Integrated Business Management Systems Internal and External Audits.
- Conducts Environmental inspections and ensure timeous closure of non-conformances.
- Prepares and timeously submit ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, annual performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Honours Environmental Science / Equivalent
- MBA / MSc in Environmental Management or equivalent an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ experience with 3 years’ experience in a similar role in aviation, mining, manufacturing, or construction industry.
Other Skills and competences:
- Competence in IMS (ISO) development and implementation.
- Competence in IMS (ISO) Systems Internal Auditing.
- Project Management
- ISO Systems Lead Auditor, an added advantage
Interested qualified candidates should submit their application letters with detailed CVs, and copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources and Admin Director
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
3 rd level,
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Closing date for application: 28 July 2023