Exchange Control Officer
- Post Date:January 10, 2022
- Views 706
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Exchange Control Officer which has arisen within the International Banking & Exchange Control Department.
- To monitor the Bank`s international payments, Treasury, Trade Finance and Exchange Control operations to ensure full compliance with existing Exchange Control Regulations and other relevant laws of the country.
- To analyse Exchange Control applications submitted by customers seeking to execute trade payments, trade finance and capital account transactions and prepare the relevant proposals for approval by the Exchange Authority.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Preparation and administration of the Bank`s Exchange Control Application Register.
- Prepares operating frameworks for various Exchange Control Operations.
- Analysing Exchange Control Applications submitted by customers and preparing Exchange Control application proposals for approval by the Exchange Control Manager.
- Registering importers and exporters with the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Exchange Control Department.
- Reviews International Banking, Treasury and Trade Services transactions and consolidate them into Bank-wide Exchange Control Returns.
- Maintains awareness of Exchange Control Regulatory developments and communicate the same with internal and external customers.
- Interfaces with Exchange Control Inspectors on onsite and offsite assessments and inspections of the Bank`s international banking, Treasury and Trade Operations.
- Collects revenues on Exchange Control Applications processed and ensure correct and timeous accounting.
- Recommend profitable pricing of Exchange Control services to the Exchange Control Manager
Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree/Diploma in Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Studies, Finance or Accounting.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an International Banking & Exchange Control department.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Exchange Control Officer clearly written in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for all applications is 12 January 2022.