- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 600
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Key duties and responsibilities
- Consolidating and supervision of extension field activities including trainings and reporting;
- Communication and Visibility Focal Person – spearheading projects communications, newsletter;
- Study Circle focal person;
- Organizing the extension events as National Farmer Review Meetings, National Field days;
- Management of the association members and stakeholders database information; Market knowledge dissemination – on milk processors, input suppliers, government and economic activities that affect the farmer;
- National Dairy Data analysis – statistics management including the number of dairy farms, dairy cows, milking cows, total national herd, milk volumes trends including comparisons with the regional and international statistics;
- Dairy Industry information management – data collection, analysis and dissemination to relevant stakeholders;
- Benchmarking the Zimbabwe Dairy performance to other countries and management of dairy economics.
The ideal candidate should have the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Agriculture with a livestock experience preferably dairy or equivalent;
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Must be knowledgeable about management, dairy extension and milk processing;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and previous experience with provision of trainings;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is mandatory and willing to handle extensive travel;
- Must be computer literate;
- Good planning and supervisory skills.
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 August 2021