- Post Date:December 7, 2022
- Views 553
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Farm Mechanic – Grade C4 which has arisen in our Engineering Department at Mateppe Estate (Marondera), a division of Cairns Foods Limited.
Reporting to: The Estate Manager
The successful applicant will, among other key aspects, be responsible for:
- Ensuring that planned preventative maintenance schedules for all critical equipment are being adhered to.
- Diagnosing and investigating all equipment breakdowns and documenting causes and preventative measures.
- Repairing or replacing mechanical parts on equipment.
- Installing new equipment such as machinery, irrigation systems.
- Inspecting all equipment and vehicles at the farm to ensure that they are in good working order and safe to operate.
- Operating farm machinery such as tractors, harvesters, and other equipment that are used in farming operations.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment to ensure that it is ready for use when needed.
- Conducting trainings for equipment and machine operators at the farm.
The ideal applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- Journeyman class 1 (Motor Mechanics) or any other related qualification.
- 5 “O” Levels including Mathematics and English.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical information and diagrams.
- 4 years agricultural / farm mechanics experience.
Applications in writing together with detailed C.Vs. should be submitted by no later than Friday 9 December 2022 to [email protected] or post to:
The Human Resources Officer
Cairns Foods Limited
P.O Box 1813
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.