Field Officer - Shurugwi
- Post Date:July 12, 2022
- Views 1413
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Position:Field Officer, Shurugwi
Job Requisition ID: R8312
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Purpose of The Position
The Field Officer is responsible for ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with the Anglo-American standards. The Field Officer will implement project’s field level activities in the district of operation for the access to inclusive education of girls and boys in school (or out of school) in accordance with Anglo-American and World Vision standards and guidelines, the project goals and targets.
- Conduct mobilisation and sensitisation of the project during implementation.
- Identify specific needs of school community beneficiaries and participants, as guided by the project’s theory of change
- Develop district field based activity plans to inform project implementation, and budget requirement and management, as per project planning and review cycle.
- Implement project activities in accordance and adherence to laid out standards and procedures (work plans, and policies).
- Coordinate assessment of damaged classrooms and consolidate preparation of BOQs needed for construction rehabilitation works in project target locations.
- Facilitate procurement of materials from approved suppliers working in close collaboration with WV Supply Chain team and in line with organizational and donor policies, systems and procedures.
- Supervise and provide technical support to project construction activities
- Supervising construction of piped water schemes, rehabilitation of water points, drilling of new boreholes, installation of pumps and other construction works at the site.
- Ensuring that Water Quality controls are regularly conducted.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with MoPSE district staff and office and community structures in identifying activities that could improve children’s learning.
- Ensure functional community and school based systems that promote quality education access for girls and boys.
- Develop local systems and structure capacity for sustainability of project interventions in the STEP UP.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Evidence & Learning
- Perform basic regular project monitoring, as per developed monitoring system for project.
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date field activity source of data at district level, as per implementation monitoring data collected.
- Use the monitoring information to guide activity plan development.
- Contribute to the development of M&E systems, tools and processes at district level.
- Contribute to the assessment, informing, and advising project on any district context changes and possible options to changing context.
- Produce quality and timely reports and updates as per specific request.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE Required Knowledge, Qualifications, Professional Experience, training, license, registration, and certification
- Degree in Education, Social Science , Development Studies and civil engineering degree acceptable.
- Experience in implementing construction of Education/development projects, is an advantage.
- Experience in solar mechanization and managing consultants is an added advantage
- 3 years plus experience with NGO in community development especially in construction projects
- Stakeholder and community engagement skills, multi-tasking, ability to meet deadlines, interpersonal, team player, and self-driven competencies are essential.
- Willingness to stay most of the time in the posted district and ability to speak the local language.
- Work in humanitarian field project
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s license
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.