Finance & Admin Assistant
- Post Date:April 26, 2022
- Views 616
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Job Requisition ID: R4871
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Finance and Admin Assistant is responsible for helping ensure the provision and the execution of programme finance services and the effective and transparent utilization of financial resources including the integrity of financial and administrative services. The incumbent promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with WVZ and Donor standards, rules and regulations in the utilization of program finances.
Support implementation of Finance Services
- Timely and accurate procurements and payments with full compliance with WVZ and donor rules & regulations;
- Help ensure implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system, control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status versus utilized budgets, follow up with project managers and finance for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that purchases processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in the system; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports to projects; preparation of all types of vouchers.
- Allocation of Common services expenses and recurring office expenses;
- Management of Cash receipts. Money received are timely recorded and reported.
- Secure core and critical project documents
- Accurate procurements and payments done
- Implemented internal controls on finance services
- External expenditure controls
- Support documents for payments, financial reports etc
- Cash receipts and records for reimbursements
Provision of Administrative and logistical support
- Support to staff travel in the Operations District including Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for meals, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Support to office space arrangement, floor plan, and relevant purchase of office furniture;
- Support to assets management and physical assets verification;
- Support to maintenance of premises and common services, office insurances and management of document storage
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to lease agreements.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Telephone expenses properly reviewed and personal usage being followed up and paid timely by individual staff.
- Monitoring of Travel Advance, Claims and Settlements through preparation and maintenance of Travel Claim monitoring sheet. Record submission of F10 claims against advances. Overpaid DSA being followed up and paid timely
- Support management of fleet, fuel, and fuel cards
- Support and travel documents well prepared and available
- Administrative services on conferences, workshops, retreats etc
- Office support, furniture and assets
- Files and records of lease agreements, stationery and telephone services, internet etc
- Fuel recons
Support to month-end and year-end closures
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including staff advance/receivable, Petrol advance, petty cash;
- Coordination with petty cash custodians in project offices for timely completion of monthly petty cash reconciliation and replenishment;
- Support month-end and year-end closure through report preparation and submission including e.g. travel claim monitoring sheet, petty cash reconciliation, review and monitoring of receipt accrual and payment voucher status.
- Ensure all relevant documentation of assets movements and distributions are properly maintained
- Reconciliations properly done on fuel, petty cash, advances, etc
- Reports such as claims sheets, cash reconciliations, payments status etc
- Reports on assets movements and distribution
Human Resources Management
- Support Supervise the Drivers and Office Orderlies.
- Manage leave for the team.
- Identify training gaps and recommend capacity building trainings for the team.
- LDR support for staff
- Well managed team
- Submission of Performance Appraisal forms timely
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance and or Secretarial
- Good typing skills and speed.
- Knowledge and experience in computers especially Microsoft word, Excel, Spreadsheet software, Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Able to speak local languages.
- In-depth knowledge of humanitarian work.
- Be a team player.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications come. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only