Finance and Administration Manager
- Post Date:February 13, 2023
- Views 487
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum is a coalition of human rights NGOs in Zimbabwe that advocates for the promotion and protection of human rights. The Forum has an exciting new opening for a Finance and Administration Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of the Forum, and will work closely with the Executive Director on all major financial matters such as the development of funding proposals and the annual budget as it pertains to fixed cost. S/he will be the point person in respect to all policy matters, relating to finance, human resources and administration.
- Ensures any regular/daily bank transactions of the Forum are carried out in a consistent, reliable and safe manner.
- Analyses the financial and accounting transactions and ensures that they are in compliance with funding partner rules and regulations as well as the Forum’s policies and procedures.
- Manages the operational functions of the finance and administration department to ensure compliance and efficiency of the department and that staff tasked with performing financial transactions has the necessary expertise to do so.
- Monitors and ensures the punctual and accurate payment of staff salary as well as selecting an appropriate pension and medical insurance systems to offer Forum staff best possible options within its framework.
- Maintain all project accounting systems, accurately ensuring expenditure against the correct codes and projects and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Reviews and analyses monthly financial reports including budget forecasts to ensure they are accurate
- Performs monthly budget variance analysis to ensure projects spend within budget and makes recommendations on spending.
- Participates in and provides guidance on annual budget planning, financial reporting, financial audits/compliance reviews and assessments.
- Involved in the preparation and review of cost proposal budgets for new grant applications.
- Ensures the Forum’s internal policies as they relate to any personnel, administrative or financial matters are in place, up to date and are being observed by staff.
- Periodically reviews financial management policies and procedures to incorporate any changes.
- Making decisions pertaining to expense allocation based on program budget guidelines, appropriate administration of staff duty rotations and non-financial resources use and allocation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Education and Experience
- Minimum B.Com Accounting/Finance/Economics Degree or equivalent.
- Must have completed either CIS, CTA, ACCA or an equivalent post graduate qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience is required, 3 years of which should have been in a managerial position.
- Knowledge of grants and project management with specific knowledge of USAID and USG grant and contracting rules, policies and procedures.
Critical or technical competencies required
- Must have excellent process evaluation and analysis skills and understand the various finance and management related legislations;
- Must be able to develop, evaluate and interpret financial and cash flow statements;
- Must have proven accountancy, budget formulation and budget control skills
- Must be innovative and business oriented person with a thorough grounding in business management and dynamics;
- Must be a Member of a recognised accounting professional organisation/association;
- Must have good communication and negotiation skills;
- Must have proven team leadership skills;
- Must have advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suit of packages;
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English;
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism and must be prepared to work long hours.
Applications addressed to the Executive Director and accompanied with CV, a cover letter and the names and contact details of at least three referees should be submitted by email to: [email protected].
The subject title of the email should be: Finance and Administration Manager
Closing Date: 14 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.