- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 804
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Midlands (Gweru)
About Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease-free society. JHWO implements multiple interventions across the country under the four strategic pillars namely, Health, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Adolescents and Youth, Economic Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning. The organisation seeks a Finance Assistant to fill in the position that has arisen.
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer and is responsible for assisting with managing the organization’s advances and payables, assisting with payments and disbursements, petty cash, per-diems and ensuring that expenditure is done in line with approved budgets. The Finance Assistant captures financial data onto PASTEL.
- Assist with processing payments, invoicing, following up issues with advances, payables and bank in consultation with relevant program staff, assist in developing activity budgets,
- Monitors project expenditure for program activities,
- Captures accounting data onto PASTEL and maintains clear electronic and print records of financial,
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for designated projects,
- Ensures that accounts are accurate, up-to-date and are compliant with financial accounting standards and organizational policies and procedures,
- Assists with the preparation of various schedules and supporting documents for external audit i.e. compiling data, income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements,
- Ensures that liquidations are done timeously and are accurate,
- Maintains petty cash and accounts for same,
- Calculates per diems and contingencies for travel and checks liquidations after the trips.
Qualifications and experience
- At least a Bachelor of Accounting Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience with bookkeeping responsibilities,
- Experience developing and interpreting standard financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow) and creation of Journal entries is a distinct advantage,
- Knowledge of Pastel is a must,
- Experience and knowledge of USAID & Global Fund regulations preferred,
- Experience in administration is desirable,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to work speedily and with minimum errors,
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets,
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and MS office and common accounting software,
- Good communication skills,
- Good analytical skills,
- Readiness to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines and High degree of integrity
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that JHWO does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection, and placement process. Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 17 December 2021