Finance Assistant- Tax and Regulatory
- Post Date:January 18, 2023
- Views 435
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Business Unit: Finance
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Vacancy Manager: Accountant
Purpose of the job
To provide accounting support and assist in preparing and submitting statutory returns, prepare analyses and reconciliations as well as the maintaining of financial records and other documents.
Main Focus Areas
- Preparing tax payments and returns before due dates
- Reconciling the various tax accounts in both the tax authorities’ and the Bank’s books
- Preparing various regulatory returns (RBZ, DPC, SEC etc) and submit to regulators on time
- Attending to all queries raised by tax authorities and regulatory bodies
- Analyse daily GL balance movements, investigative anomalies and provide explanations including initiating correcting journals
- Reconciling all suspense and clearing accounts (FCUBS & Fusion)
- Providing support to the Accountant on the month-end close process through availing schedules and posting journals
- Reconciling key balance sheet and income lines and ensure that all such reconciliations were reviewed, and reconciling items cleared timeously
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Accounting / Finance degree from an accredited University
- At least 1-year relevant work experience in financial and clerical services and must have exposure to banking financial systems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
Skills and Competencies:
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Risk awareness.
- Task oriented
- Efficient time management.
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
- Confident and resilient.
- Excellent communicator.
- Maturity and credibility
Job Related Knowledge
- Financial accounting skills, knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and experience in preparing financial statements and implementation of accounts.
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Computer literacy in spreadsheets, accounting packages and implementation of finance packages
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office packages.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] attaching all your academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Finance Assistant: Tax and Regulatory Reporting.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 19 January 2023