Finance Graduate Intern
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 462
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare Program Area
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The primary objective of this internship is to give a recent graduate experience in the practical aspects of all Finance practices and procedures at Plan International Zimbabwe.
- Processing of payments and supporting the whole finance team payments processes;
- Assisting with bank reconciliations;
- Reconciling and reviewing Petty cash transaction in line with Petty Cash Management policies;
- Financial statements preparation and application of accounting standards;
- Ensuring that all documents are Audit ready;
- Processing payments and journals & timely liquidations of advances in SAP;
- Facilitating financial reporting and compliance to approved formats, periods i.e quarterly, monthly or annually;
- Maintaining easy to access filing of payment packages; Availing documents sampled by the Program Managers during audits and regular financial monitoring reviews;
- Quarterly preparation of the VAT refund package (puling original tax invoices and preparing the schedule); Safeguarding of children and young persons.
Entry qualifications and experience
- Recent Graduate with a Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Degree in Accounting, CIS or equivalent qualification;
- Proficient in MS Office tools & use of relevant accounting software packages;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: [email protected]
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 10 April 2022