- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 414
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: Finance Manager
HelpAge Zimbabwe (HAZ) through the support from CBM Global will be implementing the ‘Improving Vision for Communities in Zimbabwe’s Midlands Province, by Strengthening Eye Health services’ Project. HAZ is a formally registered Non-Governmental Organization (WO/89) established in 1989 to work with and for older persons in Zimbabwe. HelpAge Zimbabwe has a national mandate to promote healthy aging and promote the fulfillment of Older Persons’ (Ops) rights to nutrition, health, dignity, shelter, social security, property, inheritance and work. Recognizing that Older Persons constitute an integral part of the wider Zimbabwean community, HelpAge Zimbabwe has over the years strategically expanded its scope to include other vulnerable community members namely women, children and persons with disabilities. HelpAge Zimbabwe seeks to significantly contribute towards reduction of socially induced poverty and deprivation by delivering comprehensive rights-based development initiatives that address economic and social inequalities at various levels. The work of HelpAge Zimbabwe continues to achieve positive impacts in policy reform and life transformation through fostering social equity, inclusion and empowerment of targeted communities. Broadly, HelpAge Zimbabwe ascribes to a beneficiary-sensitive approach and adaptive programming to ensure sustainable graduation from poverty and breaking intergenerational transmission of poverty. HelpAge Zimbabwe is a child-safe organization and promotes safeguarding of adults at risk as well. HelpAge Zimbabwe is therefore committed to keeping children safe globally from abuse, through awareness raising, prevention, responding and reporting, as well as through the implementation of HelpAge Zimbabwe Safeguarding Policy
Contributing to the overall goal of the organization and working under the Leadership and Guidance of the Finance Manager, the officer will be required to undertake the several finance and admin duties as listed below. The organization seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Finance Officer who will participate in the financial management of the ‘Improving Vision for Communities in Zimbabwe’s Midlands Province, by Strengthening Eye Health Services’ project.
The tasks and responsibilities
- To produce Financial Reports as per CBM Global requirement including cash flow analysis;
- Manage the program budget and produce financial reports to CBM Global in accordance with set target dates;
- Maintain a financial record and analysis;
- Control and approve procurement of all goods and services, smooth coordination of all activities and performance of all financial and administration functions;
- Work to produce audited accounts for the organization every year;
- Strict adherence to approved budgets and code of conduct;
- Cause to be maintained, proper and accurate records of all receipts, payments, transactions and all dealings of the organization, and non-removal of such records from the business premises without written consent of the Director;
- Together with the management, manage, review and recommend administrative policies and procedures appropriate to the organization’s banking account;
- Monitoring and securing adherence to organization and CBM Global administrative processes;
- Administrative support to programs and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, and workshops;
- Ensure that any purchase, lease, or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals;
- Control and maintain the project asset register and inventory, in line with Helpage or CBM Global requirements, as applicable;
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends, and advice the line manager of the same;
- Assist with audit requests made by Helpage auditors and CBM Global auditors;
- To help with the preparation and support of the annual audit of Helpage’s financial records and to prepare, manage, and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations;
- Any other duties as assigned to you by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or another appropriate discipline;
- Professional qualifications in accounting (ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage;
- Minimum five years of accounting, finance and administration experience gained preferably with a non-profit organization.
Desired skills and competencies
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, ability to work under pressure and good communications skills;
- High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity, and integrity;
- Good computer skills and extensive knowledge of Excel, Word and email software and financial management and accounting software such as Pastel;
- Knowledge of electronic and paper filing systems;
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills and detail orientation;
- Strong commitment to teamwork;
- Effective communication,
- Written and Oral communication in English;
- Local / regional language (professional proficiency advantageous)
Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] and clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HelpAge Zimbabwe and its partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 4 March 2022