- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting career opportunity has arisen within the Group Finance Division of CBZ Holdings for the role of Financial Accountant. If you are eager to join a team of energized and passionate experts, this is a career opportunity for you.
What we expect from you
- Participate in designing financial reporting packs for quarterly, half-yearly, and annual reporting periods in line with IFRS and guidance given by various accounting bodies (PAAB, ICAZ, ACCA, etc).
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial results (Half year, quarterly and annual) for the Group and the Holding company.
- Work with the Senior Financial Accountant in preparing the Group’s trading updates in line with the requirements of ZSE and applicable IFRSs.
- Assist the senior manager in handling the Group financial reporting technical issues and provide IAS and IFRS technical support.
- Prepare financial reporting materials for inclusion in Group policies and Annual Financial statements.
- Participate in the preparation of the Group’s press release for external publication.
- Contribute support towards ensuring that financial reporting matters of the holding company are in compliance with IFRS and other regulatory bodies.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in leading formal IFRS presentations to subsidiaries.
- Support regular reviews aimed at developing and enhancing reporting processes, documentation, and internal and external communications
- Prepare monthly financial accounting analysis, and quarterly, half-year, and annual financial reports for the Holding company.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and exceptional reports for the Holding company.
- Track transactions posted in the Holding company cashbook for integrity and cleanliness.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly cash flow movement reports and oversee payments to service providers.
- Maintain and monitor intercompany transactions and balances and ensures that all outstanding balances are cleared on time.
Qualifications, Skills, and experience required
- A Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- A full professional qualification such as ACCA, CA, or similar is essential.
- At least 3 years experience working preferably in a similar role.
- Good communication skills and ability to relate well at all levels.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- Above-average computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and accounting packages.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity upload your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Monday, 5 December 2022. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CBZ Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.