Gender, Youth and Inclusion Officer
- Post Date:December 16, 2022
- Views 466
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Fixed Term (1 year) renewable.
GALZ invites interested and motivated applicants from qualified backgrounds to apply for the post of Gender, Youth and Inclusion Officer that has opened up within our organization. The Officer will organize and coordinate the delivery of all programming strategies towards growth and serving the LGBTI community, sex workers and people who use drugs.
Reports to: Programmes Lead
Start: January 2023
The Gender, Youth and Inclusion Officer will act on behalf of the Love Alliance consortium to coordinate the implementation of the consortium’s gender-sensitive approach and to safeguard commitment to ethical and meaningful engagement and participation for LGBTI . The Officer also leads the diversity programmes within the GALZ.
Main Duties and Responsibility
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Gender, Youth and Inclusion Working Group annual work plan and budget.
- Lead and coordinate gender and diversity programmes within GALZ.
- Plan, mobilize and facilitate monthly meetings with members of the gender and inclusion working group.
- Lead/supervise the development of activities supported by small task teams within the working group.
- Plan and coordinate capacity-building activities and learning for Love Alliance grantees and partners.
- Lead the mapping of key advocacy platforms and best practices in advocating for gender equity and youth engagement.
- Facilitate the development of campaign messaging and approach together with the members of the Gender, Youth and Inclusion working group, and with guidance and support from donor communications and advocacy working groups.
- Monitor and track the work of the donor around gender and youth inclusion using the roadmap scorecard.
- Facilitate key administrative decisions within the working group such as most adequate co-leadership, membership and processes.
- Lead the Gender and Youth Inclusion Working Group in the development of annual and bi-annual reports.
Qualifications for jobholder
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and
- Certificate in Counselling
- Driver’s License
- Knowledgeable about MSM/WSW/LGBTI
- Open-mindedness, Non-judgmental, Trustworthiness and Empathy.
- Good Interpersonal, Communication and Mobilization skills.
- Planning and Budgeting,
- Coordination and Supervision,
- Relationship Management and Report-writing.
Due date for submission of applications: 23 December 2022.