Global Head of Business Development (Remote)
- Post Date:February 6, 2023
- Views 408
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Zepz is powering two leading global payments brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. We represent brands that disrupted an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players by taking international money transfers online – making global digital payments fairer, faster, and more flexible.
Our brands currently send from 50 to 130 countries, operate in over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
On the sending side, our brands are 100% digital (cashless), increasing convenience and enhancing security. For those receiving money, our brands offer a wide range of options including bank deposit, cash collection, mobile airtime top-up and mobile money. www.zepzpay.com
A world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad
To unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology
- We act like owners – We are relentlessly delivering for our customers and spending money thoughtfully. Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty – We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- We have a bias to action – We get to the first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn. We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
- We strive to be better – We may make mistakes, but always learn from them. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- We are inclusive – Both as a team and to our customers, we believe in being part of the narrative of growth for Zepz, regardless of who you are, where you are from and how you show up – as long as it is to better reflect and serve our customers
Your key areas of focus
For the first 3 to 6 months, you’ll:
- Lead a global business development team of 15-20 people
- Build processes that quickly identify the next 50 receiving markets we should enter and the right partners to go to market with. You’ll also ensure that those market launches are executed seamlessly on the partner side through diligent follow-up.
After that, you’ll:
- Identify and source major partnerships to support our move into adjacent businesses and radically improve Sendwave and WorldRemit’s offering and cost structure.
- Play a global regulatory affairs role, interfacing with partners, governments, and central banks (when required).
- Lead Zepz’s market entry into more complex sending markets as we continue working toward our mission to make money transfers as easy and affordable as sending a text — anywhere.
What you bring to the table
- The ability to secure partnerships. Quickly. We should feel confident in your ability to deliver the 50 markets we’re looking for now.
- A keen strategic mind. You’ll be a thought leader for Sendwave and help shape the future of our business through the partnership opportunities you bring to the rest of leadership and those you turn away.
- Impeccable ethics. Full stop.
- Successful execution of complex deals across at least three continents. Including in some of the markets we currently serve.
- Excellent management skills. You’ll be leading a strong team, and your greatest contribution will be getting the most out of those who report to you.
- Willingness to travel. When in doubt, we hop on a plane to get the deal done.
Bonus points if you’re:
- Experienced with remittance or payments business development.
- Passionate about our mission.
Let’s talk about the benefits. Here are a few perks you can look forward to:
- 401K offering a 4% employer match of employees’ base salary.
- Part employer-funded medical and dental care plans.
- Part employer-funded health savings account
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 day each quarter to use to relax, refresh and recharge
- Employee Assistance Programme offering general advice and well-being support, 24/7, 365
- Employer-paid Life insurance of 2 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Voluntary Benefit plans available
- 15 days of vacation plus public holidays, rising to 18 days after 3 years.
- Paid sick leave.
- Eligible for discretionary bonus and recognition rewards
What we offer you:
These are our core benefits for our major talent clusters (UK, US, SA, PL, PHP). We try to offer these benefits in all jurisdictions but that may not be possible; outside of these clusters the talent team can advise what you are entitled to:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, and those who qualify for overtime, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: At Zepz we have competitive opt-in Private Medical Insurance schemes that offer 100% coverage for you and your dependents, depending on your region
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future. With some regions we match your contribution (the percentage can vary from 4-8%)
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible. The details vary per location.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations – spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose – to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview – this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.