Group Senior Financial Accountant
- Post Date:November 24, 2022
- Views 480
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: JR-24277
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
This role implements accounting processes, systems and controls for the Old Mutual Zimbabwe Group including determining appropriate standards to be adhered to across the group.
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of the accounting processes utilised to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Drives the group audit process.
- Responsible for producing group consolidated financial statements and annual reports.
- Subsidiary financial statements review and timely monthly submissions consisting of report and commentary within agreed deadline.
- General ledger oversight ensuring all transactions are accurately reflected in the ledger.
- Oversight of control accounts and reconciliations. Monitors and reports on status of all control accounts in the group finance function.
- Lead expert in technical accounting/IFRS matters and provides advice on accounting policy and practice to senior and middle management.
- Reviews and approves financial statement templates, including management accounts.
- Drives implementation of the financial reporting framework and adherence to set standards.
- Analyses and reports on variances.
- Accountable for the execution of business plan, and for governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Produces ongoing and ad-hoc reporting based on requirements.
- Creates a healthy internal control environment to ensure safeguarding of assets and integrity of financial information.
- Accounting Standards,
- Business Units,
- Financial Analysis and Reporting,
- Financial Planning,
- Process Development (PD),
- Technical Issues,
- Technical Support,
- Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management (BAFM) (Required),
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)(Foreign Qualification) (Required)
Closing Date: 26 November 2022