Head of Operations
- Post Date:July 17, 2023
- Views 966
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Closing Date: 2023/07/17
Reference Number: TSE230705-12
Job Title: Head of Operations – Zimbabwe
Business Unit / Division: Tsebo Zimbabwe
Job Type: Classification Permanent
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our clients’ needs. DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGER to find out more about who we are in a nutshell.
We are seeking a Head of Operations to have oversight of our Zimbabwe Operations portfolio which includes Commercial Catering; Cleaning & Hygienic Services; Facilities Management. The incumbent will give strategic direction, establish and build client relationships, providing commercial expertise in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Take full responsibility and management of all Tsebo Operations’ under this portfolio:
- Monitoring daily operations schedules for all service lines for accuracy and ensuring daily operational goals are realized.
- To champion collaborative and cross-organisational working within and between business and support functions to ensure delivery of organisational objectives and efficient use of resources.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to the Operations team – ensuring that underlings are being developed for succession planning as well as warranting a positive, innovative, and high performing culture.
- Project the company’s image through excellent client relationships, quality of service, product and productivity, and ensuring strong client retention culture in the business.
- Develop and effect medium and long-term strategies to grow the business in all areas of responsibility.
- Be a stakeholder in the Company’s budgeting, forecasting, weekly flash reporting and month end reporting processes.
- Participate in new product development and planning by researching the cost and ability to produce the product.
- To support the Senior Management Team in longer-term resource planning – including workforce planning; organisation design and development; forecasting income and expenditure.
- Ensure quality control is in accordance with the company standards and that all units complete the monthly compliance self-assessments.
- Constantly upgrade the ambiance of the catering; cleaning and Facilities management facilities to ensure both customer satisfaction and USP points of reference for the Company.
- Maintain and improve on operational standards; meeting all quality / star grading standards within the areas of responsibility, as per Companies grading checklist and KRAs within the performance management scheme.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical skills, able to build a strategy from various data points.
- Flexible in a constantly evolving environment with good proactive problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of international and localised relevant cultures relating to Hospitality services.
- Ability to coordinate operational teams composed of direct reports, multiple contractors and services suppliers in delivering high level hospitality programmes to the highest of standards within fixed budgets and timelines.
- Ability to contribute to development of strategy and take responsibility for delivering strategic objectives.
- Demonstrable financial acumen, with an understanding of budgeting processes and financial reporting.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of different teams both internally and externally.
- A’Levels; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management / Food and Beverage or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Post graduation professional qualification such as MBA / GIBS or similar will be an advantage.
- At least 10 years’ post-qualifying experience in Operations management, preferably in a Service Industry.
- Driver’s license essential.
Tsebo is committed to protecting your personal data as well as your rights relating to the information in line with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws.
As a company we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants.
Please note that Tsebo will not charge individuals seeking employment any fees, whether for registration, application, administration or placement.